BitcoinNews – Copyright Policy
BitcoinNews.com (also referred to as “BitcoinNews”, “Website”, “Site”, “we” “us”) respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects its users to do the same. In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998, 17 USC § 512(c)(3) or its equivalent in the EUCD ( European Union Copyright Directive) and International Copyright Laws, BitcoinNews will respond expeditiously to claims of copyright infringement on the Website, if such claims are reported to our Copyright Agent.
DMCA Notice of Alleged Infringement (“Notice”)
If you are a copyright owner, authorized to act on behalf of one, or authorized to act under any exclusive right under copyright, please report alleged copyright infringements taking place on or through the Site by completing a Notice of Alleged Infringement and emailing it to our Copyright Agent by mentioning “Copyright Infringement” or “Copyright Infringement Notice” in the subject line.
Upon receipt of Notice as described below, the Website will take whatever action, in its sole discretion, it deems appropriate, including removal of the challenged content from the Site. Please note that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements of this section and of relevant copyright laws, your Copyright Infringement notice may not be considered as valid.
- Identify the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, or – if multiple copyrighted works are covered by your Notice – you may provide a representative list of the copyrighted works that you claim have been infringed.
- Identify the material or link you claim is infringing (or the subject of infringing activity) and to which access is to be disabled, including at a minimum, if applicable, the URL of the link shown on the Site or the exact location where such material may be found.
- Provide your company affiliation (if applicable), mailing address, telephone number, and, if available, email address.
- Include both of the following statements in the body of the Notice:
- “I hereby state that I have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law (e.g., as a fair use).”
- “I hereby state that the information in this Notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that I am the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of, the owner, of the copyright or of an exclusive right under the copyright that is allegedly infringed.”
- Provide your full legal name and your electronic or physical signature.
- Send the Notice, with all items completed to contact[at]bitcoinnews.com with “Copyright Infringement” or “Copyright Infringement Notice” in the subject line.
DMCA Counter-Notice of Alleged Infringement
If you believe that your content that was removed (or to which access was disabled) is not infringing, or that you have authorization from the copyright holder, the holder’s agent, or pursuant to law, to post and use the material in your content, you may send a Counter-Notice containing the following information to our Copyright Agent at contact[at]bitcoinnews.com (with “Copyright Infringement Counter-Notice” in the subject line)
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the content that was removed or to which access has been disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the content; and
- Your name, address, telephone number, and email address, a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the courts of Belize City, Belize, and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If a Counter-Notice is received by the Copyright Agent, BitcoinNews may send a copy of the Counter-Notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed content or cease disabling it in ten business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against BitcoinNews or the person who has posted allegedly infringing content, the removed content may be replaced, or access to it restored, in ten business days or more after receipt of the Counter-Notice.
BitcoinNews does not condone or tolerate copyright infringement or any violation of the intellectual property rights of the Website or of others. BitcoinNews reserves the right to terminate access by disabling the account or block a particular IP address or email address of any person who is determined to be a ‘repeat infringer’ of intellectual property rights of the Website or other parties.
Regardless of whether the Website terminates access and/or privileges of any person or entity, ‘repeat infringer’ or otherwise, BitcoinNews does not waive any right to pursue any available remedy at law or in equity against copyright infringers or any other intellectual property rights violators