As a public blockchain protocol, Bytom is launching its first development challenge. With the aim of accelerating the technical development of blockchain and attracting more talents into Bytom development ecosystem, a prize pool of 260,000 BTM is set for winning teams. In addition to token rewards, outstanding projects will also have access to incubation and investment.
Bytom Blockchain Protocol (referred to as Bytom) is an interactive protocol of multiple byte assets. Heterogeneous byte-assets (indigenous digital currency, digital assets) that operate in different forms on the Bytom Blockchain and atomic assets (warrants, securities, dividends, bonds, intelligence information, forecasting information and so forth that exist in the physical world) can be registered, exchanged, gambled and engaged in other more complicated and contract-based interoperations via Bytom. Bytom’s mission is to create diverse assets and programmable economy.
Customized: Users can come up with any topic to participate in the challenge but must develop through the interface and smart contract of Bytom.
Projects scenarios (including but not limited to):
• Supply chain, cross-border trade, logistics, supply chain finance, micro-financing;
• Judicial preservation, copyright protection, and contract;
• Product traceability and data marketing;
• Security computation, data audit, and financial risk control;
• Blockchain tools such as blockchain health monitoring, contract security analysis, etc.
The requirements above must first be met before taking into consideration several other themes as listed below for additional rewards.
Option 1: Distributed off-chain storage
You need to integrate with extra distributed storage (such as IPFS and BigchainDB) and should deploy it in the core part of your project (not added roughly). Extra reward: 20,000 BTM.
Option 2: Decentralized Identity System
Develop a DID system based on Bytom. Extra reward: 50,000 BTM.
• First prize*1 : 100,000 BTM
• Second prize*2 : 50,000 BTM
• Third prize*3 : 20,000 BTM
*The winners of first prize and second prize will be selected to participate in the finals of the Bytom development competition.
• Challenge period: February to May 2019
• Application deadline: 1st April 2019
• Online developing workshop: 1st March and 20th March 2019
• Deadline for the first submission: 5th April 2019
• Deadline for final submission: 1st May 2019
• Reward: 2nd to 7th May 2019
• Each participant group should have no more than five members. Individual participants can team up freely, but can only join one group and cannot take more than one entry into the competition
• Anyone belonging to the host organization cannot take part in the competition
• Combine Bytom technology with other technology
• Your project must be completed independently. No cheating or infringement of intellectual property is allowed. Entrants failing to doing so will be disqualified
• After being checked by the Organizing Committee, your project will be selected to enter the competition for further improvement
• All entries must be built on smart contracts or interfaces of Bytom while fully embodying the value and advantage of blockchain technology
• The smart contract projects should feature rational design and complete functional design
• Its stable operation is absolutely guaranteed for efficiency and quality
• It is designed with sufficient safety and protection mechanism
• If entries present great commercial value, they can be commercialized directly as representatives of industry application for potential profitability
• Compared with mature solutions in the industry, entries should illustrate innovation and creativity with better performance
• The interactive design should be reasonable
• Easy to be understood and used
• Excellent user experience
Project register and submission
• Register your project: http://blockchain1.mikecrm.com/9Lzr76D and submit your codes to: https://github.com/Bytom-Community
• Projects should be completed functionally, you can also submit package or deployed version
For more details of this development challenge, you are welcome to check the tutorial video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIv0VvIAUuM
Learn more about BYTOM – https://bytom.io/
Read the BYTOM Whitepaper – https://bytom.io/wp-content/themes/freddo/book/BytomWhitePaperV1.1_En.pdf
Learn BYTOM on GitHub – https://github.com/Bytom/bytom
Connect on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/bytomofficial/
Chat on Telegram – https://t.me/BytomInternational
Reddit – https://www.reddit.com/r/BytomBlockchain/
Read about BYTOM on Twitter – https://twitter.com/Bytom_Official
Join on Discord – https://discordapp.com/invite/U3RSYr5
Medium – https://medium.com/@cloudmoolah
Follow BitcoinNews.com on Twitter: @bitcoinnewscom
Telegram Alerts from BitcoinNews.com: https://t.me/bconews
Want to advertise or get published on BitcoinNews.com? – View our Media Kit PDF here.
Image Courtesy: Bytom