Join the BitcoinNews Telegram channel for daily updates >>LINK

Stephan Livera Crushes Miami Shitcoin

Miami Shitcoin

Support free writers: > send a tip

written by

Renowned Bitcoiner, investor, and podcaster Stephen Livera calls out Miami Mayor Francis Suarez for endorsing Citycoin.

Since Livera’s statement, Miami citycoin has cratered -88% in USD terms.

Stephan Livera is a leader in the Bitcoin Space as the Managing Director of Swan International at Swan Bitcoin.

Livera also hosts the Stephan Livera Podcast, one of the biggest and most watched in the industry.

The Austrian Economist and Bitcoiner called his shot. Livera’s tweet is the latest in a flurry from top members of the Bitcoin only Swan team.

Swan CEO Cory Klippsten who called the Luna debacle, now has Celsius’s Alex Mashinsky shaking in his boots, and shitcoiners looking under the bed at night.

MiamiCoin tanks 88% in less than a year

Mayor Francis Suarez’s ‘CityCoin’ is presently worth $0.0044.

Miami, the host city of the Bitcoin 2022 event we recently attended, does not control or operate the MiamiCoin “cryptocurrency”.

Mayor Francis Suarez’s endorsed the ”cryptocurrency”, stating it raised “the prospect of being able to run a government without the residents having to pay taxes.”

According to Quartz, MiamiCoin’s value has plunged by up to 95% since its introduction on August 3rd.

Miners must buy tokens on the Stacks (STX) blockchain in order to bid for MiamiCoin under the CityCoin scheme.

The successful bidder receives 70% of their investment in MiamiCoin, with the city receiving the remaining 30% in STX tokens.

Miami could be forced to refund investors’ money

Suarez stated that the city got a $5.25 million reimbursement from the project on February 2nd.

However, 17 days later, the Miami Herald quoted the mayor as saying, “I don’t know whether it’s going to work,” as the coin’s value dropped to around four-tenths of a cent.

Miamicoin sits at $0.0044, down more than 88%, according to OkCoin, the sole exchange that supports the trading of it.

Separately, Quartz obtained an email from CityCoins to the mayor’s office expressing concern that his statements could trip “regulatory wires” — if the SEC investigated and determined the coin is an unregistered security rather than currency, both CityCoin and the city could be forced to refund investors’ money.

Enjoyed the article?

100% of your tips go directly to [email protected]
Need a wallet? Get it here

⚡️ Tip The Author

Help spread this article :) is NOT INVESTMENT ADVICE

Opinions expressed are entirely their own and do not necessarily reflect those of

For informational purposes only. Individuals and entities should not construe any information on this site as investment, financial, legal, tax, accounting or other advice. Information provided does not constitute a recommendation or endorsement by to buy or sell bitcoin, cryptocurrencies or other financial instruments. Forecasts are inherently limited and cannot be relied upon. Do your own research and consult a professional advisor. The opinion of authors do not reflect those of 


Read More Bitcoin News


The Tragedy of Fiat Money

Over the course of the last 18 years, the European Central Bank (ECB) printed new currency, multiplying money supply by more than 5 times, bringing it to 1308 billion. Here we discuss whether or not the central bank’s actions could be considered a robbery.

Read More »


Join our Newsletter

Video of the Week


Latest on Bitcoin News

Join our Newsletter